AEF Technology Initiative
AEF is accelerating the use of technology in the Arlington Public Schools and preparing students for careers in STEAM – Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts and Mathematics.
As we enter the third and final year of our Technology Initiative, help us give Arlington students the skills they need to join the next wave of technology entrepreneurs!
2015: Accelerate Technology for Science, Arts and Engineering
- Goal: $130,000
- Provide mobile science workstations for the High School
- Establish High School digital arts studio
- Outfit additional Middle School computer and engineering labs
2014: Expanded STEM at the Middle School
- Raised: $34,000
- Enhanced Technology & Engineering classes with computer simulations, app development and 3D prototyping
- Updated 6th grade Computer Science curriculum and equipment
2013: Established High School STEM Lab
- Raised $50,000
- Re-introduced Computer Programming courses (now four sections are offered – from introductory to AP
AEF is supporting the school department’s effort to bring significant new capacities to its students, from state-of-the-art facilities and equipment to teacher training and curriculum development. The impact on Arlington students is immense and immediate.
YOU can help Arlington students begin the journey to careers in STEAM.
- AEF technology grants
- Technology in Arlington classrooms
- Highlights of Arlington Public School’s technology progress
- AEF Technology Initiative brochure
Sign up to join the dialogue among AEF, the community, the technology industry and the school’s technology leaders to help the schools fulfill their vision.
AEF & Arlington Public Schools:
Transforming Education through Technology
|Bring innovative technology to more students sooner||Create a strong community-education partnership||Offer our students truly innovative opportunities|
|The AEF Technology Initiative will ensure that technology enhancements reach students as quickly as possible and have a broad impact. Furthermore, since this is private funding, no changes in the pubic funding at the local, state or federal level can divert it from the intended goals.||The Arlington community is rich in expertise in both technology and education. With so many entrepreneurs, professors, technologists and teachers, a strong community-education partnership can contribute to an effective technology plan and create connections to give our students unique experiences.||Arlington is in a unique position to be able to offer our students truly innovative opportunities to both learn with technology and build the foundation to become technologists themselves by tapping into the knowledge and networks of our community of entrepreneurs and educators.|